Three family members have been reported dead and eight others are under intense medical care at the Limbe Regional hospital, Fako Division of the South West region of Cameroon after eating corn fufu and vegetables confirmed poisoned by the doctor.
According to Dr Demis Nsame, Director of the Limbe Regional Hospital, Gladys Ebai, 66, her daughter Shella Ebai, 38, died before getting to the hospital yesterday evening. the third victim, Che Shalom, 3 years old was confirmed dead some 25 minutes after reaching the hospital.
Going by the doctor, his preliminary findings showed that the corn fufu and vegetables they ate earlier yesterday was not fit for human consumption.
As a matter of fact, reports hold that eight other family members including neighbours who consumed the meal were equally rushed to the hospital where they are currently receiving treatment.
According to reports, the alleged food intoxication is still under investigation by medical personnel to know what triggered the incidence.
Meantime, the population of the region have been called upon to be careful with how they handle foodstuff especially when preparing it to ensure they are free from any toxic element.