• Acts as focal point for the community
• Mobilizes (Prepares) the community, ensuring that target beneficiaries are fully informed about and involved in decision making in all stages of the programme planning and implementation
• Plans, organizes and coordinates sensitization activities (Forums, campaigns etc.) for awareness raising among the community about all programme components (software and hardware) before and during implementation period
• Designs and implements capacity-building trainings among the community to help them realize their potential in management and hence take ownership of their development projects.
• Organises workshops and focus group discussions in order to work out an acceptable contribution of the community towards various programme components
• Coordinates establishment of community projects management committees where it is required
• Manages Agriculture and Rain Water Harvesting systems’ contributions: Receives money from GCCF, keeps proper records and surrenders it to administrator on Monthly basis. Qualifications
• Academic background in Development studies, Community development, Social work or other relevant field (Diploma and above) • Previous work experience of at least three years of community liaison/mobilization and sensitization as well as work experience with pastoralist communities.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills including the ability to diplomatically manage the relationship with local stakeholders and the community at large
• Readiness to work and live in a remote location under difficult circumstances; physical and mental strength
• Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of French/Kiswahili/Portuguese/Arabic would be an asset.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. To Apply: If you believe you meet our consideration, please email us your letter of application alongside a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three referees, email and day-time telephone contacts to email@example.com with Subject: Community Support Officer.