Business › Firms

Transport Minister bans Garanti Express for one month

Side-view of the bus that had an accident on Wednesday (c)All rights reserved

The Minister of Transport Jean Ernest Massena Ngalle Bibehe has suspended the transport agency Garanti Express for one month.

In a communiqué signed on Tuesday July 31, the Minister says the decision was taken after the the agency was found guilty of breaching transportation rules last month during an accident that led to one person dead and several others injured.

The Minister says technical and administrative investigations revealed the agency breached several rules thus legal actions will be taken against them.

The driver of the bus, Njanyu Drefuse Tantho who was accused for overspeeding when the accident happened has seen his licence also withdrawn for twelve months.

This is not the first time the Ministry of Transport is sanctioning a travel agency for road accidents. General Express had come under the sledgehammer of the Transport Ministry last year for several road accident with a three-month suspension before it was later overturned one month later after the agency complied to ruled.

 

Featured
Back top